If you find yourself asking ‘’how do I get rid of cockroaches’’ look no further. Roaches are one of the worlds most common pests dating back over 320 million years, with that said it’s important to learn what really works to eliminate them.
Prepare yourself, we’re gonna teach you what kills roaches, and common cockroach prevention. This will be your last resort in successfully getting rid of cockroaches forever.
Know thy enemy
When fighting cockroaches you must know thy enemy, this will make exterminating them a lot easier.
Like humans roaches like living indoors where they have easy access to food, warmth, and shelter. If these necessities are easily available, they will quickly infest your home and quickly multiply making it difficult and almost impossible to control.
Cockroaches spread bacteria and viruses, and can be a health hazard. They have been proven to provoke allergies such as asthma and cause diseases such as salmonella, e.coli and many other.
Types Of Roaches
There are around 4,600 different types of cockroach species, among the bunch 30 have been associated with humans. The five most common roaches you may find yourself dealing with are:
- The American Cockroach (Periplaneta Americana)
- The German Cockroach (Blattella Germanica)
- The Brown-Banded Cockroach ( Supella Longipalpa)
- The Oriental Cockroach (Blatta Orientalis)
- The Smokeybrown Cockroach (Periplaneta Fuliginosa)
These are just a few of many cockroaches you may find yourself dealing with.
The War Plan
Now that you know a few types of roaches you may be facing, identifying which specific type of cockroach you’re dealing with is very important. The simplest way to know which type of pest you’re dealing with is to use a cockroach trap.
This is the easiest way to find out what you’re dealing with. Once you’ve trapped a few, observe them based on their characteristics and appearance, then use our information to conquer any cockroach infestation.
We know that cockroaches love being in warm and damp places with food and water such as kitchens and bathrooms, to keep roaches away you must keep a clean house. This may be difficult for most people whether they’re busy or just too lazy to keep clean. If you’re one of these people a few things you can do to deter roaches from your home is:
- Put away or cover up food and water
- Take out trash regularly
- Remove clutter from secluded spots
- Clean daily
This may be hard but try your best to keep a clean house free from access food and water and roaches will not be tempted to stay. Cockroaches hate the cold so keeping a well ventilated home will help combat them especially in the winter.
Extra Prevention Tips
- Remove all clutter from your house. Removing clutter will make it hard for cockroaches to hide.
- Seal all cracks and openings with caulk. Sealing cracks in walls, floors, windows, and other areas will make it hard for roaches to enter your home.
- Fix all leaks inside of your house. Fix all leaks in pipes, faucets, toilets, nothing in your home should be leaking water.
- Keep floors and counters dry. Your bathrooms and kitchens should be dry, clean or mop any wet area.
- Never leave out dirty dishes. keep everything in your kitchen clean and dry as possible.
- Get rid of unused furniture and appliances. Don’t give roaches extra places to hide remove all unused clutter.
- Don’t leave open garbage sitting around. Always take out or cover garbage around your home.
If you keep your house clean and cut off the food and water supply, your house will become unattractive and you won’t have to ask yourself how do I kill cockroaches.
Tools Of The Trade
Fighting cockroaches can be very difficult, but there are several ways to kill them.
Keep in mind roaches are very stubborn and will not be defeated easily. These are the best roach killing products that will help you dissolve a infestation.
- Boric acid. Using boric acid takes patience to see results but is worth the wait. When roaches get into contact it will stick to their legs and cause destruction to their exoskeleton. After cleaning themselves from contact it will be poisoned from the inside. Once the roach dies other roaches will eat it and cause the rest of the nest to be poisoned.
- Cockroach Gel Bait. Let some roaches do your dirty work and kill the other roaches for you. They will eat the poisoned bait and bring it back to their nest for the other roaches, as a result the entire roach colony will be wiped out. This is the most effective way to get rid of cockroaches today.
- Cockroach Bait Stations. These are similar to gel baits but safer. If you have pets or children these will be a better solution because the poison is located inside the container.
- Cockroach Traps. If seeing dead roaches laying around everywhere makes you uncomfortable or you’re just too lazy to clean them all up roach traps are the perfect solution. Put out a few and the cockroaches will disappear, removing the dead roaches will also be much more easier.
- Cockroach Sprays. The very easy to use contact killer. You simply spray any roaches you see and it kills them immediately.
- Pest Control Insecticide. Another fast acting contact killer. Typically used for large infestations and longer lasting results.
- Ultrasonic Repellers. For a extra bit of peace of mind. The ultrasonic frequencies irritates roaches and will force them to leave your home. Also safe to use around pets and children. You may be skeptical about using these, but what do you have to lose?
Use these products correctly and remember never underestimate your opponent, cockroaches won’t go down without a fight.
Check out the (5 Best Roach Killers For Home)
Killing cockroaches is not always a easy task. You can never kill all cockroaches, but you can keep the little bastards out of your home. Keeping a clean house and using prevention methods will keep your home free from cockroaches.
Using the roach killing products above all together will make roaches defenseless as you eliminate them. Keep educating yourself and testing what works to get rid of cockroaches and dealing with a roach infestation will become a thing of the past.
Check out the (5 Fastest Ways To Kill Roaches)